Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza night with the kids.... more fun with PP and fatties...

Options
Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]Happy weekend! My wife is out with the ladies tonight so I picked up a pound of fresh made pizza dough from a local deli/bakery.($1.50/lb...Biggest no-brainer of my week...) I use a small BGE for pizza so they are about 10 inches in diameter. I get three 10-inch pies out of the 1 lb of dough. I use a lot of cornmeal to keep things slipping along and I take the dough out of the fridge about 30-45 minutes prior to working with it.[p]I got a fresh load of lump going in a completely cleaned out Egg. I added the plate setter and the pizza stone once I was glowing red underneath. (I also use some GrateMates to raise the pizza stone about an inch or so from the plate setter. I know some folks use ceramic or metal spacers but the GrateMates work like a charm for the small.)[p]As the dome temp got to about 450 I started putting together the first pie - cheese for my son. I put it on when the needle was at about 700 in the dome. (450 to 700 seems to move pretty fast on my small...) 4 1/2 minutes or so and it was off. While that was cooking I put together a pepperoni for my daughter and put that on for about 4 1/2 min. These both came out real nice and the kids, who don't mind a little char but don't like the taste of carbon, both gave it thumbs up. (No pictures... they were hungry and I was moving fast...)[p]I was looking form something a little different and have some fatties and PP in the fridge so I started thinking about a spicy BBQ pizza. (I put together a cheesy PP and fatty sandwich for lunch - Is there a support group I need to be looking into?)[p]Anyway, I got my dough rolled out, punched it full of holes with a fork, spooned on some Stubs BBQ sauce, added PP and small fatty pieces, then a few handfuls of Motz, and finished with a liberal dose of Tabasco Chipotle.[p]4 1/2 minutes on the Egg and here it is: (It didn't last 10 minutes after these pictures...)[p]

100_1139.jpg[p]
100_1138.jpg[p]
100_1135.jpg[p]

Comments