Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the best temp. to cook pork chops

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook pork chops, do not wish to smoke them, and just wandering what's best tempature to cook them they are 7/8-1" thick
thanks

Comments

• Bucky Buckshot
    Options
    Noodie,
    We fix pork chops more than any other one thing on our egg. I get the best results by cooking one inch thick chops at around 375 direct. I would cook thicker ones at a tad lower temps. Either way I cook them to 140 to 145 internal. Hope this helps. Bucky

• Noodie, I like to ccok mine indirect at 400. I cooked 2 tonight that were 1 1/2 thick for 20 minutes then turned them over for another 10 to 15 minutes on the other side. Oh so tender. good luck.

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Noodie,
    Basically you can cook them at any temp you want and stay in touch with the cook and pull them at the temp mentioned by Bucky, and you will love them.[p]Pork is something you want to use a thermometer on, because you do not want them too rare, but do not want them over done either. Safe is a lower temp than most people are used to (138) which will still be slightly pink.[p]YUM

• EdF
    EdF Posts: 42
    Options
    Noodie,[p]I realize this may be sacriligeous, but we T-Rex them. Loin chops 7/8" roughly, a Dizzy Pig rub and some cheap mustard. Put them on the fire at 700-800 for a minute and a half a side (a minute longer for well-doners). Let them rest off the fire while you bring it down to 400-500. Then a couple of minutes a side for reasonable people, and maybe three minutes a side for well-doners like my wife. Result is a nice crust, and moist and tender inside.[p]Well worth a try to see if you like them that way.