Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

correct position of daisy wheel

Options
guava greg
guava greg Posts: 139
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
196157527-L.jpg
<p />You can see in this picture the correct positioning of the daisy wheel. This works best with the laws of physics. Gravity in particular. Pivot screw should be at the top, twelve o'clock.
Note correct position of cook, just slightly to the side of Egg. [p]Aloha![p]Greg

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    guava greg,
    That is the correct position if you want the slider to stay closed. Obviously, if you have positioned your slider in an open position you need to rotate the top. I cover that topic in my ceramic FAQ, but I guess your photo is more interesting! LOL! [p]dw1b.jpgdw2b.jpgdw3b.jpg[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    last month or so i've found my whole daisy spins freely. i can't get it to stay put as in the third foto. really weird. now it just spins (the whole thing) and flings the petals and slider around.[p]i think after 4 years or so the cast iron smotthed the top of the ceramic enough that it no longer grabs.[p]so now i have to pay more attention.
    which is not my strong suit...

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Picture's worth a thousand words. New trick for me. Thanks.

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I'm surprised that you, of all people, would claim that there is only one "correct position." I'd be inclined to say that the correct position is the one that you prefer and that gives you the best results with the egg, or even with the Egg. ;-)
  • guava greg
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I stand corrercted! ; )[p]The same principal physics apply. Gravity..it's not just a good idea..it's the law![p]Aloha and thanks for the pics![p]Greg
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    guava greg,
    The gravity in NC was particularly strong this morning while I was working out at the gym, LOL![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Haggis,
    Huh? I said that there was not one correct position. It depends on the position that you want to keep the slider.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Well, you said, "that is THE correct position if . . ." (emphasis added.) I concede that you said that there are other correct positions. The question is whether you want the slider on the top or if you prefer underneath. I prefer to vary positions just to keep the thrill there.
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    guava greg,[p]There is no gravity, the earth sucks!