Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cookin' for the week

Options
Dover_Gal
Dover_Gal Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1. Big boneless turkey thighs (must've been a pteradactyl sized turkey) smoked 250 degrees 45 min then braised in liquid for an hour or so until tender (broth, bbq sauce, and an onion.) Pulled and heated with sauce for pulled turkey
2. A turkey breast, small one, whole, with apple wood for cold meats during the week.
3. Baked Idaho potatoes with the turkey breast, then made twice-baked to serve with the bbq turkey for dinner. [p]Leftovers: potato and turkey bbq so no cooking until at least Wednesday, I think.

Comments

• egger ave
    Options
    dover_gal,
    I know what you mean about leftovers. I just looked in the refigerator and I still have steak and spatchcoked duck to eat this week. And did I mention the peanut sauce? This is AFTER I have cut way down on the portion sizes. I would like to see my toes again some day after buying the BGE.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein