Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: wannabebackinTexas

Options
Bevo
Bevo Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was great seeing the photo of you at the PNW Eggfest wearing the Texas Longhorn cap and Lone Star Flag t-shirt. Coincidentally, I was also preparing ABTs here in Austin for my XL BGE. I had three relatives, all over 80 years of age, visiting for the day. One said he would try only one ABT, while the two others said there was no way they could eat jalapeños. By half time of the game, they had all had second and third helpings.[p]The Longhorns may have a perfect 3-0 record, but yesterday's win was very unconvincing.[p]Hook 'Em,
Bevo (Colin)

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Bevo,[p]Just wait 3 weeks until after the Red River Shootout.[p]The Sooners look very strong this year. Very strong.[p]
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Fidel,[p]As I said in the original post, the win-loss record may look good, but the victories have not been the sort that inspire high expectations.[p]I wish the Sooners success in (almost) every game.[p]Now, so that this message doesn't stray too far too off-topic, I didn't tell my octogenarian guests what ABT stands for until they had eaten all of them. I think they'll all be back for more.[p]Best regards,
    Bevo

• wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    Bevo,[p]Thanks Bevo,[p]The ABT's went well at the PNW and I had a BLAST. What great people I met and all were so friendly I thought I was back in my home State. Well, one of these days.[p]GO HORNS!!![p]Good eggin'
    -paul

• wannabebackinTexas,
    I was one of the many that sampled your fine jalapenos yessterday. They were indeed excellent![p]Side note: UT may not have looked that good, but my Aggies put on a show finally. :)