Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to be using my new plate setter for the first time this weekend. Am I supposed to get the coals hot and then put the plate setter into place? Also, where does the drip pan go? Does it just sit on top of the plate setter?[p]I'll hang up and listen. Thanks

Comments

• bw
    bw Posts: 87
    Options
    Gators2xNC2k6,
    With the plate setter we usually get the fire pretty hot because once the plate setter is in the BGE the temp will drop a bit, then you can adjust the heat for your cook. We usually just sit the drip pan on the inverted setter with the little feet under it so if there is liquid in it, it won't burn. Have fun eggin'[p]bw

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Gators2xNC2k6,
    You want to put the plate setter in when you light the coals to avoid any thermal shock..plus you want all of the ceramics temps equalized....if you look at some of the various cooks and even the tips section of my website, you will see MANY different ways the plate setter can be used...a very versatile piece of equipment.[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]