Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE hitch attachment

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not currently a BGE owner, but I will be soon. Can anyone tell me if there is any type of mount or hitch attachment for the BGE? I'm a big fan of tailgating and if there is a way that I can travel with the BGE plugged into my receiver, I think it would be great!. Anyone know if a product like this exist?

Comments

• Bob In Texas
    Options
    kris,
    I am sure you will get several opinions, so I will offer mine. I am a new BGE owner, and love it. I wouldn't even think of subjecting it to the receiver behind my auto. I don't think that would do it any good. The world's first ceramic bumper? It's subjected to too many mishaps.

• kris,
    I would be apprehensive of mounting an egg in a trailer hitch. For what they cost, any bouncing could be too expensive. I work for a company that retails eggs, and we have had quite a few people look at the mini egg for tailgatingand camping. the mini doesnt look like much, but you can get a few good sized steaks on one. the mini is also light enough that you can just carry it wherever its needed. good luck

• Bob In Texas,,Thx for the reply. What you said makes sense, and I had thought about that as well. I own a 5x10 open utility trailer. Is there a way to mount it in the trailer, so that it is easily removeable? I mean I don't wanna just sit it in the trailer and strap it down, lol. So how can I travel with the BGE, be able to set up at tailgate spot, unload the BGE, then go drop the trailer off. I own a Chevy Tahoe, and that's why I'll have to haul on a trailer. Hope my post makes sense...

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    kris,
    If "Old Dave" sees your post he may chime in. I believe he has hauled 2 eggs on a cargo tray/rack/extension??? that you can buy, goes into your receiver. [p] I think his swings open so you can get to you truck bed or whatever. The extension also had a support leg for when you swing it open. [p]Hope he sees you post.
    Regards,
    Bordello

• Bob In Texas
    Options
    kris,
    There are ways, but not convenient. I think the Mini would be the way to go. But don't forget the cooling-off period. They hold their heat for awhile. Maybe someone that has a Mini can interject how long it takes before you can easily handle it after firing down.

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    kris,[p]If your egg is in a table on wheels it's easily rolled on and off the trailer and strapped down for travel. Mine put a lot of miles on this way. [p]You in Florida?
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq,
    I am in Florida, Jacksonville. to be exact. Thx for the reply btw. Although I mentioned it, I'd prefer not to have to travel to games with a 5x10 trailer in tow. I'm thinking if I got one of the cargo attachments I could set it on there, strap it down really well and hit the road...

• kris,[p]I use a swing out cargo carrier that might work for you at contests and other tailgating type of events. It will handle up to about 300 pounds and hold a couple of Eggs. [p]I use a larger cooker on it at most events and it does a nice job for my way of cooking. This is a picture of it all packed up and ready to hit the road on the back of my SUV. [p]37MVC-020E.jpg[p]This picture shows the cooker in the swing out position at a contest where it leaves me access to the back of my SUV. I don't unlod the cooker and just cook on it in the swing out position. [p]MVC-003S.jpg[p]I have another cargo carrier setup that also works well but does not allow me access to the back of the SUV until I unload them but is several hundred dollars less money than the above setup. You do need to unload the cookers to get to the back of the SUV and to also cook on them. I use the WSM cookers with this setup and carry them in large garbage cans. It would also work for your ceramic cookers but probably not in the garbage cans.[p]34MVC-012S.jpg[p]Dave[p][p][p]

• Madhatter
    Options
    P1010008.jpg
    <p />kris,
    Here is how I haul mine...

• mar52
    mar52 Posts: 12
    Options
    My Egg Rep uses this one that he had made for him.

I have other pictures if you'd like to see different angles.

2eoy9aw.jpg