Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster Question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone done lobster on the Egg? I want to cook it on the Egg to get some flavor before making paella. I reallly don't want to overcook it, so need to know exactly how to go about this, temperature, etc., beforehand. Thanks.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gail,
    Hot and fast. Hopefully someone will be along with the link for the best lobster recipe out there. It is from my bud Houndog in Texas, and it is written for a ceramic cooker. It is called "Dwell in the Shell". I thing Gfw might have the recipe on his site?[p]Doesn't get much better. We have done this recipe several times, and will do it again...when we can afford lobsters![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Gail,
    See link below for the lobster.
    It's Houndog's recipe and I found it on GFW's site.
    B D

[ul][li]Dwell in Shell Lobster[/ul]
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Sorry forgot to mention. After opening GFW's site click on "Recipe Index" just above "Print" on the black background side and then scroll down to seafood.
    B D

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Gail,
    If your taliking about real lobster, which is to say live Maine Lobster, you want to prep in in one of two ways. You can cook it whole, but you have to kill it first by driving a large kitchen knife into the back of it's head. There is a cross hair mark right where you want to cut, then you can use the Dwell in the Shell recipe or it's delicious simply roasted whole at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes. Or you can tear the claws and tail right from the body and cook the pieces.[p] If you should use the latter method and then decide that you really wanted to prepare it whole, you can check out Tim M's website regarding the proper use of duct tape for limb re-attachment.

• Big Daddy,[p]Thanks! I checked out GFW's site and got all of the info I needed. You can bet that I won't be chatting with any of the guests during the 10 minutes cooking time! I'm making lobster paella, and if it turns out right I'll post the recipe.[p]Gail