Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

expat eggs

Options
chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ho-boy what a lot's been going on. So many new eggers on the forum since I posted regularly. The only down side I see to that is that posts scroll by so quickly![p]Looks like we are soon to be expats. My wife and I are going to Panama next week to look for property. We have a personal effects and home auction scheduled for Oct 6th. So far I haven't put the eggs (Fat Man and Little Boy) into the auction. I'd like to be able to take them with us to Panama (I doubt there's a BGE dealer there).[p]Anybody have advice on sending Eggs to a different country? [p]Chuck

Comments

• Dover_Gal
    Options
    chuckls,
    My grand piano went to Germany and back, built into a big case and onto the ship. I assume you could build a frame around the eggs and then pad. If you are shipping most of your goods via container on ship, this might be ok.

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    dover_gal,
    We have lived the expat life 4 times -- three trips to Mexico and one to Taiwan. They can pack anything. I would probably have them build crates for the eggs.[p]I do not know about Panama, but in Mexico, lump charcoal is the norm and you could get it anywhere.