Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Night's London Broil

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Stop & Shop is running a pretty good deal on London Broil this week so I grabbed a two pounder, wanted to try something a little bit different but couldn't find anything interesting for London Broil that didn't have to be marinated overnight. I came across Scott's Mustard Rub for filet and thought that it just might work. Used Hungarian paprika instead of lemon pepper and added some garlic powder and McCormick's seasoned salt. [p]The wife, who is not a huge fan of beef or mustard, took one look at this mustard covered hunk of beast and started to reach for the Pasta-Roni and canned tuna, I scurried her out of the pantry and asked politely if she would fix up a nice Greek salad. While she broke out her salad spinner I cooked this baby up, 4 minutes per side wide open at 750 then shut er down for an 8 minute dwell (4 more minutes each side). The result, the best damn London Broil I have ever tasted, perfect at medium doneness and so juicy that I almost ran down for a fresh loaf of French bread to sop it all up, but Dr Atkins says no bread.[p] But what about the wife? She sends back medium well for more time on the fire and this is barley medium?
She demolishes about a 10 oz chunk, doesn't even save me the fat and goes back for seconds! Unbelievable! There's barley a 4 oz slab leftover for lunch today!

[ul][li]Scott's Infamous Mustard Rubbed Steak[/ul]

Comments

• Citizen Q,
    I picked up a London Broil last night as well, planning to cook it this evening. Right now it's sitting in the frig in the original styro-wrap packaging. I could run home at lunch and let it marinate for several hours if need be. ANY SUGGESTIONS???[p]Thanks!![p]Roll Tide.

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    Try out that link to Scott's recipe. It is delicious and doesn't need any time to marinate. The chunk I did was just over 1 1/4" thick and came out medium, but could have stood a 10 or 12 minute dwell for a bit more doneness.
    Good Luck and Good Q.