Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Country style ribs...

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for tips on Country style ribs such as temps and duration of the cooks. I've about perfected baby backs, but I've never tried egging the country style. I would have prefered bone-in, but Publix didn't have any and I didn't feel like running to Costco on a Saturday. Thanks,Todd

Comments

• hank
    hank Posts: 84
    Todd,
    Country-style are my favorite, to be honest. I think they have a lot more flavor than baby backs, and seem to absorb more rub and smoke flavor. I do them 3-1-1. While I have found that baby backs can get a little dry over the full 5 hour cook, country-styles hold up really well and stay moister.Just check them when they come out of the foil and judge the last hour accordingly.

Good luck,
    Hank
  • Cobbegger,
    Honestly those arn't ribs. It is probably a chunk of the loin. Cook them almost as though you would a pork chop. I have smoked them a couple of times and they only turned out good once. I think it is because they are usually very lean and I must have gotten a good fatty batch one time.

• hank
    hank Posts: 84
    As Jeffybeer said, boneless country-style ribs aren't ribs in the strictest sense of the word. As I understand it, they are the bits left over from a trimmed rack. So, they ARE from the ribs of the pig, but they are trimmings. Still, I think they are great!