Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new hinge

Options
michael
michael Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have the new hinge on their BGE? I'm looking to replace the one on my "Small" BGE but can't find any?

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Michael, so far, I think only for the Large BGE!!
    C~W[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Michael,
    The last time that I ordered replacement gaskets from BGE, I inquired about the Auto Lock band for the small. They said that the mechanism was just too big for the small.[p]I do feel a little left out as a Small BGE. All of the Eqqprovements only ever seem to be for the Large BGE[p]Oh well,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Michael,[p]The auto-locking ring is GREAT, but alas it is not available for the small (thus I upgraded to a Medium ... probably should have gotten a large)![p]I think that's one of the best additions I've purchased![p]Smokey

• Rob H
    Rob H Posts: 10
    Options
    I got it fir my medium, it's great.

• Rob H
    Rob H Posts: 10
    Options
    I got it for my medium, it's great.

• Char-Woody
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, I have the small BGE and the large BGE with the auto lock.[p] I really don't think I need it for the small, but in the event they do make one I would look for a slightly different mechanism.[p] I didn't know it was available for the Medium..I am slipping :-)
    Cheers..C~W

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Maybe it is just my bands, but I am not totally happy with the way they hold the dome. They seem to keep loosening up on me and slightly offsetting the dome from the base or not sitting flush with base. I already have some bad spots in my new gasket.[p]Just wondering,
    RhumAndJerk

• Char-Woody
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, Just read your post and I am wondering if just a tad bit of that high temperature silicon sealant between the band and the dome might give enuff grip to hold the dome securely without undo band tightening. Sounds to me like the dome is being squeezed out of alignment..The more tightening, the worse the problem.
    E.mail me with more specifics.
    C~W[p]