Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firebricks

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just purchased some firebricks but am somewhat confused as to when I should use them and when I shouldn't.[p]Also someone mentionned somewhere about using a Weber's grill as an additional grill because of being able to open it. I have looked for it but haven't found it yet. Does anyone have an description or part number for it.[p]TX

Comments

• davidm
    Options
    DickO,[p]You use firebricks when you cook indirect. They're a big help in keeping the bottom of a butt or brisket from burning on the bottom when you're cooking 12-18 hours.[p]Put them on a rack (I use a metal Weber rack) on the top of the fire ring, just where your normal Egg rack would go. You can put your drip pan right on top of the bricks and put a couple of bricks on their edge at the sides to support your normal Egg rack on top. The food goes on that rack over the drip pan. It always helps to have a cup or two of liquid in the drip pan to keep the pan from burning.[p]I think TimM had some pictures of a firebrick setup that worked well on his large.[p]Cheers,[p]David

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    DickO,
    You can also use fire bricks on edge to raise a second grid up to the level of the opening. See my recipe for spatchcocked chicken at my website to see what I mean:

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz