Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You're all right

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, everyone. I know I've been one of those absuing this forum in violation of one of the 4 sacred forum rules. I just wanted to say a few words, and then I'm perfectly willing to shut up for a while...[p]First, the 4 sacred rules of this forum, as of Monday, Sept 10, do not necessarily apply anymore. Like any other rule effective Sept 10, we need to rethink them to make sure that they still apply during this state of war. War time rules are not the same as during peace time...and we are at war...[p]Secondly, I'm not trying to rank myself among those that lost family/friends in this tragedy, but please, when posting about moderation, think about exactly what we've lost in these first stages of WWIII. I know that I personally travel to Hoboken, NJ, every Tuesday and take a minute each day to look over the Hudson, 3/4 of a mile away, and enjoy the NYC skyline. I can't wait until next Tuesday to get a 3/4 mile look at what's left of it... (I've looked every day from 19 miles from work)...[p]Anyway, my point is, there is no reason for sentient beings from the US to bicker about this. We are still under attack. Look at the NYC airports today after finally starting to allow flights. How long did it take? 2 or 3 hours before another attempt at taking over another plane to crash into another monument of ours and to take another thousand of American lives????[p]We are clearly at war, and no matter what any of you think, if you live in America, your actions are now being watched. Keep arguing for your civil liberties for these terrorist nations, but make no mistake - we live in a democracy, and when, not if, we find out who is behind this, that person, his organization, and his country, will all be obliterated.[p]Once this happens, feel free to email me and cry in your beer about abuses of civil liberties, but make no mistake that it WILL happen. If you support anything else, feel free to stop by...I'll provide you with my address and we can debate these things in person...[p]Cornfed

Comments

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    Cornfed,
    well written, very well written. Words fail us.

• Cornfed,
    Well said Cornfed.. I dont know what it is.. This talk about hoping America acts wisely and no knee-jerk rections..
    Let me point this out.. America is not CALLING the shots..
    Any actions we take are defending ourselves.. Is there still any doubt in your mind how hard they can strike?
    They are capable of destroying our nation and have vowed to do it.. They have started their attack.. Are you wanting us to wait until they unleash chemical warfare and wipe out hundreds of thousands of people.. Its next.
    I say we, (my generation) need to get ready.. Our turn to protect this nation and freedom has come..
    Dylan

• Q.N.E. tyme,[p]You can't do what we need to do without wisdom, wisdom got us to this #1 position. And knee-jerk reactions just won't do. I think America is NOW calling the shots, at least the Big ones![p]Oh we still need plenty of wisdom to wage this campaign, and instead of knee-jerk reactions, we will use Colin Powell reactions. Keep that dude right up front, he knows what he's doing. It will be a long, hard, cold, calculated, sustained campaign, no in and out with a few missiles on this one. [p]But I agree, we need to get to the people who did it and those who harbor them. I don't think (hope and pray) whole counties will NEED to be obliterated to handle this! But it ain't gonna be pretty, or clean...just out-and-out war against terrorism. Some people just deserve to die![p]BUT...however our countries leaders decide it needs to be handled, I'm behind 'em 100%, and will continue to pray that God will lead them in their decisions. If God is with us, WHO can be against us. God does not PLAY.
  • Cornfed,
    Amen brother. We just got kicked in the balls in a crowd of people. My knee jerk reaction is to kick that persons ass. We know who it is we are just taking time to get ahold of him and woe be tide the dumb SOB that gets in the way.

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Hey ya Dylan, Is there something wrong with Basso`s forum, when I go to log on I get, "No Page Found"...[p]Mop!