Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Back Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw some Beef Back ribs at Super Walmart in Atlanta for about 1.99 lb. Are these as good as the pork backs, or is it just a matter of opinion?[p]What about cooking times and temps, are they similar to pork backs?[p]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    beef2.jpg
    <p />kurt,[p]No - beef ribs are a whole other animal(pun intended). They tend to be tough and greasy so longer slow cooks are best for these. Try to do them at 275-325 indirect for 5-6 hrs.[p]Tim[p]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    BeefRibs06_12_0015_58_01_small.jpg
    <p />kurt, Tim is right on - I personally prefer the baby backs - bought 3 racks this afternoon. The link is to my one and only experience with beef ribs. Good Luck! :~}

[ul][li]Beef Ribs[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,
    ""The link is to my one and only experience with beef ribs.""[p]Is that like saying - your first and last experience? I have done them 3 times and #4 maybe be sometime this century. They rate much lower than Baby Backs (also my favorite).[p]Tim

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    08_04_0018_21_02.jpg
    <p />Tim M, real close - since I buy baby backs and my wife doesn't buy (or eat) ribs I may not get the chance. [p]Today is baby back rib day - covered them with 'Memphis Sytle' rub early this morning and they'll be on at about 1pm - I'm making enough for me and wife - guess I'll just have to eat lots! [p]Picture illustrates a past EggSperience![p]Life is GOOD! :~}[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]