Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Change of Pace

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two of the more-socially-acceptable things I'm notorious for are a love of lamb, and a love of barbecue. Last night I finally mastered barbecued lamb ribs. Here's how. I trimmed two racks of ribs and slathered with a mix of 2 parts yellow mustard to 1 part cider vinegar. Then I sprinkled on dry rub and let them sit for 36 hours in the icebox. Took them right from the icebox to the cooker, to maximize smoke and cooked them in a rack, to let excess grease drip into the drip pan, indirect at 225º for 4 hours. (Flavor wood was half hickory, half pecan.) I sprayed them hourly with a mix of beer, apple juice and cider vinegar, and 15 minutes before the end I brushed on some jalapeno "jelly" I didn't get to set.
Moist and meaty, just a hint of heat! Can't wait to do it again!

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    BlueSmoke, Thanks for the update, just the question I asked, via your e-mail. Glad it turned out.
    Painter

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    I forgot to say that the pull back was comparable to pork ribs, and there was just the right amount of "pull" - the meat didn't fall off the bone, but you could leave your teeth in the glass and still get every last bite. But then, that's been my experience with every rib I've Egged.