Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Sandi...

Options
Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Could you please post your recipe for the Tomato Pie you did over the weekend? We're up to our ears in tomatoes and anything new and different is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Gretl

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Gretl,
    This is a recipe we have cooked a couple of times...You can cook it on the Egg...It is very good.
    Larry

[ul][li]Tomato Pie[/ul]
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    YB,
    Thanks! That sounds delicious...an alternative to pizza!
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Gretl,
    Your welcome...It goes good with just about any meat.
    Larry

• Sandi
    Sandi Posts: 107
    Options
    Gretl,[p]I looked at the recipe YB posted and it's pretty much on target. It is a very unforgiving recipe and pretty much like a *wet* pizza. Be SURE to let you tomatoes drain very well. Didn't notice if they used onions, but I layer tomatoes, onions, chives, spices (depends on your likes) DO NOT use packaged shredded cheese, for some reason, doesn't turn out as well for me, I buy a block and grate it myself. Good luck. Oh...after prebaking shell, sprinkle some fine dry breadcrumbs in the bottom to help absorb some of the moisture from the 'maters.

• Sandi
    Sandi Posts: 107
    Options
    Gretl,
    Had the time to peruse the recipe that YB posted. I have never used a pie crust for topping. That is something new that I MUST try. My topping was always just the mayo and cheese. As I said in earlier post, I layer tomatoes, onions, chives, garlic, etc. to the top, then top with mayo/cheese mixture! Had always done this in stove, but tried on the egg over the weekend. The subtle hint of smoke was WAY good! Let me know how it turns out for ya!