Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fish on the Egg Recipes?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am wanting to try fish on the egg. Tell me what temp. Direct or indirect? How long? Use a basket? Foil? Any good seasonings? I like fish that don't have a strong fish taste.[p]Thanks
Gary

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Gary Wiggins,
    The "strong fish taste" is more likely due to the fish not being fresh in my opinion. That being said, you can grill, bake or even fry fish on the Egg. [p]I've taken a real liking to fresh salmon cooked on a cedar plank. Never even liked salmon before that but I'm hooked (pun intended). Soak a cedar plank for a few hours, lightly coat the fresh (or thawed) salmon with some oil, sprinkle on some Dizzy Pig Shak'n The Tree rub, place on the grid direct @ 350° until the internal temperature is 130° to 140°. As good as steak any day.[p]Did this one when Mad Max came 'a visiting recently.[p]MelissasSalmonCookingontheEgg.jpg[p]Others will chime in with recipes shortly but don't discount salmon. It's good and good for you.[p]Spring "Hook, Line and Sinker" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Doggonit, that looks so g-o-o-d I'm going to try it next weekend. Salmon is NOT my favorite, but perhaps that might change.[p]fieroguy

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    Gary Wiggins,
    tilapia with your rub of choice (we use Emeril Essence Creole) wrapped in foil with favorite veggies and cooked to doneness direct.

• Unknown
    Options
    261702096.jpg
    <p />Spring Chicken,
    I was in the same situation. Didn't like salmon until I bought the Egg. I told my wife, I would put the salmon up against prime rib any day. Now I want to try some other fish like Mahi Mahi, sole...etc. [p]Got this recipe from the Eggs by the Bay Eggfest. Cedar plank, Ragin' River rub with a butter/maple syrup sauce...it was goooooooooooood.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Caveman Smoker,
    I know what you mean about the Raging River. This was done back in '05 using some Raging River and then basted repeatedly using a maple sypup, butter & bourbon concoction. It was excellent and the first time I actually liked salmon except for Salmon Croquettes.[p]Salmon7-16-05.jpg[p]It took me a while to eat raw oysters and crawfish too but when I did I liked it.[p]Spring "Taste-Tester In Continuous Training" Chicken[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Gary Wiggins,
    Swordfish steaks, rub with olive oil, we like Emiril's Bayou Blast, in a basket, 400 degrees, 8 minutes a side.