Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thaw frozen pizzas?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning all,
When cooking store bought frozen pizzas do you thaw them first? My reason for asking is because "make sure it's at room temp." is a common theme at this site.
Thanks for the help

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    proudpapa56,
    We eat Digiornos Pizzas a lot and I never thaw them. In fact I don't even take them out of the box until the Egg has stabilized at about 400°. I also warm the plate setter and pizza stone from the time the fire is lit, and I never use corn meal. Turns out great.[p]Cooking Pork Butt today.[p]Spring "My Butt Is Ready To Sit On The Egg" Chicken

• Bucky Buckshot
    Options
    proudpapa56,
    No, frozen pizza's do not need to be thawed, in fact the diretions advise against it. Just get your egg stabalized at the recomended temps on the box and you should be good to go. Hope this helps. Bucky

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    proudpapa56,
    The best thing to do with frozen pizza is to follow the directions on the box, unless you discover something otherwise in your experience. The "room temp" thing is usually for meat.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    proudpapa56,
    I found that DiGiorno and California Kitchen pizzas come out great on the Egg. No need to thaw just follow the instructions on the box and you should prouce an exceptional product.