Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket Done

Options
JohnnyH
JohnnyH Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Delicious. I couldnt have been happier. Cooked the 9lb packer for 13 hrs at 235 dome until internal was 192. Foiled and coolered the entire brisket for 2 hrs then seperated the point and flat. The point went back on for burnt ends and the flat went back in the cooler. I didnt sauce the burnt ends, rather let people sauce there own. [p]I also made homemade white bread on the egg for Texas toast. You cant buy unsliced or thick sliced bread here in NY. [p]After slicing I couldnt get to the camera fast enough so the pics are after the carnage. Thank you for all the tips and advise I got on this forum.[p]100_1770.JPG[p]100_1772.JPG[p]100_1769.JPG[p][p]

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    JohnnyH,
    Excellent! And I like how you left it up to your guests t sauce or not. Everyone is happy. I wouldnt be suprised if there were a few who took a slice of bread with a slice of the beef on it.
    Hungry for Q in the am,
    ST

• FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    JohnnyH,
    During the 2 hrs in the cooler, did you shut down the egg and restart later, cook something else, or just keep it going?

• City Slicker
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    great looking bread too ! Were you happy with the juiciness of the brisket ? It looks pretty good from the pic.

• JohnnyH
    Options
    FlaMike,[p]I used that time to ramp the temp up to 400 to bake the bread, then cooled it back down to 250 to finish the burnt ends. I also heated the beans as well. [p]There seems to be nothing the egg cannot do.[p]John
  • JohnnyH
    Options
    City Slicker ,[p]Most of the flat was pretty moist. Only the very thin end was slightly dry but not bad. Just add them to the burnt ends.[p]It seems to dry quickly after slicing.

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    Options
    JohnnyH,
    You gotta be fast when the meat is that good. I have used a traditional BBQ for several years now and avoid doing brisket because of the burn time involved. I would have to get up a couple of times during the night to keep my traditional BBQ smoker going. I'm looking forward to a longer burn time with the Big Egg.[p]Doug

• JohnnyH
    Options
    Doug,[p]What a diffrence the egg makes. I didnt touch the damper or add fuel once during the cook. I still had half a load of lump left after doing a brisket and baking bread. Amazing. I also came over from an offset and that was a chore.