Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Dinner Inspired By Rick's Tropical Delight

Options
Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Seeing all those pics from Rick with the cajun and jerk seasonings inspired tonights dinner. Jerk chicken with guacamole and pico de gallo.[p]First I marinaded the chicken in a jerk marinade for about five hours then put on Dizzy Pig Firewalk and let it "melt" in to the chicken. Topped with the guac and pico. Boy was that good. I am still sweating and I am done eating. I forgot to add some pepperjack cheese on there.[p]jerkchicken.jpg[p]jerkchicken1.jpg

Comments

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    That is some nice looking food there.

• Unknown
    Options
    1jul2007-003.jpg
    <p />Buster Dog BBQ,
    nice, mon![p]here's my batch of jerk chicken for tomorrow! the egg and jerk go very well together!

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Whoa - that looks dangerous!!! :)[p]can you share the recipe?? I've got a brother in law that looooves jerk chicken!!
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    I just had two chicken breast and put them in a gallon size freezer bag with half a bottle of Lawry's 30 min Jerk Marinade. Left them in there for about 5 hours. When I started the egg, I took out of the fridge and put them on a plate and put a generous portion of Jamaican Firewalk on them. After a few minutes it kind of melts into the chicken. I did this on both sides. Cookied chicken about 350-400 until done. Let rest for 5-10 min. Used one Haas avacado (make sure its ripe) for the guacomole, then to cheat, I went to the Mexican restaurant down the street and bought some pico de gallo as every time I try it becomes salsa. All those flavors together are excellent.