Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib foil - tent or wrap?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to try 3-1-1 with foiling this time to try for a more tender rib than I got last time.[p]During the foil step at the beginning of hour 4, do you wrap each rack in foil with a little apple juice at the bottom or are you tenting them in a disposable pan? I could do either.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    NJKel,[p]I double wrap but don't go an entire hour in the wrap otherwise they get a little too mushy.[p]
  • Don from NJ
    Options
    NJKel,[p]I think most people wrap each rack, i know some on here use the foil pan method, it's easier and you use less foil. My first 3-1-1 I did was wrapping each rack, added a small pat of butter to each rack and wrapped them tight, might need two layers.. I've done 4 3-1-1's in the past 30 days, all the same way, and perfect every time..[p]I'm sure some of the more experienced guys will chime in soon...[p]Good luck, and Happy 4th![p]
    have you looked over the Naked Wiz's site? if not head over there and prepare yourself, cause your head might explode with all the knowledge thats found there!! :-)

[ul][li]Fill your head & Stomach @ the Naked Wiz[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Will do, thank you guys!