Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swordfish on the Egg-need guidance

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody ever cooked a piece of swordfish on the Egg? Also, have scallops??? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    Bryaninatlanta,[p]Swordfish, I don't know for sure. But scallops I can vouch for.[p]I cook large sea scallops direct on the lower grid at 450 degrees dome temperature for 3 minutes/side. No smoking chips. To prep them, I thread the scallops on two parallel skewers (so they don't rotate when flipping); brush with melted butter, lime juice, & minced garlic; finally, sprinkle lightly with a dry BBQ rub (or just salt & black pepper). Lemon juice works fine, too, but I prefer lime. On a diet? Substitute olive oil for the butter.[p]Turns out great! I use a pair of tongs on one end of the skewers and a spatula with slots on the other end to flip them.[p]Getting back to the swordfish, I do cook lots of fish, just not swordfish. If I were to cook swordfish steaks, I would do it exactly the same way (sans skewers). The only variable is the cooking time. Perhaps 4 min/side for 1" thick steaks and 7 min/side for 2" steaks. You can always test for doneness by look/feel.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinH,
    That's excactly the advice I was looking for. What a wealth of knowledge. Thanks. Truly.