Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help

Options
Bructer
Bructer Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, purchased a XL egg about a month ago but havent used it much since building a 1000 sg/ft cedar deck on the back of the house. Here is the questions I have for you all on smoking/cooking dino bones "Texas" style on my egg:[p] 1- how long should I cook the dino bones and at what temp?
2- direct or indirect?
3- seasoning or rub?
4- what wood do I use to smoke[p]I have 12 cliets coming to the house on saturday and would like to do this atleast half assed job.[p]Your input would be hugely appreciated.[p]
Bruce

Comments

• onelegchef
    onelegchef Posts: 119
    Options
    Bructer,
    If you are talking about ribs or steaks go to, dizzypigbbq.com, a great site lots of good info.
    Bobby_FTW,TX

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Bructer,
    I assume you mean beef ribs?
    Bob

[ul][li]Beef Ribs[/ul]
  • Bructer
    Bructer Posts: 16
    Options
    Bructer,[p]Yea sorry ribs.[p]Cheers,

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Bructer,
    Cook at 250 indirect for two hours with some oak chips.
    Take the ribs out and put them in a foil pan or roaster pan and put one bottle of your favorite brewski in the pan and cover and cook for another three hours.Remove and be carful of the steam and put your favorite sauce on top of the ribs and cook for an additional twenty minutes till the crust will form on the sauce.Dont forget to pull the membrane off of the ribs.That will be on the bone side and you can start it by cuting a small portion of the skin and then grabbing it with a paper towel and pull it off.You can check the forum for many kinds of rubs.If you dont have time I like a sweet rub with 1/2 cup brown sugar dash of cayanne,onion powder,garlic powder,paprika.Mix to your own taste buds.