Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Carne Adovado

AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited 10:22PM in EggHead Forum
Did Carne Adovado Monday.
The picture below is the chili marinated pork loin going on the egg:[p]IMG_0617.jpg[p]The picture below is when it finished smoking:
IMG_0618.jpg[p]Below picture is after it had been cooking 2 hours in the Colorado Chili:[p]IMG_0619.jpg[p]The last picture is the Carne Adovado finished off with the cheese:[p]IMG_0621.jpg[p]

Comments

• SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    AZ Traveler,
    living in NM has been a treat when it comes to the mexican and southwest cuisine. That cook is looking second to none.
    maybe you can overnight some leftovers to ABQ????

• AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
    slotmercenary,
    Your living in a great place for good eats. We go through there often. We love mexican and southwest cuisine. Hope to make the Hatch festival this year. AZ

• FV-EggerFV-Egger Posts: 31
    AZ Traveler,[p]Oh wow, that looks awesome! Any way that I could pry the recipe out of ya? Send me an email if you're willing to part. Thanks!
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    AZ Traveler,
    Man that looks good. Can you provide recipe? Wanna try this.
    Thanks, Bob

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    AZ Traveler,
    Da-- that looks good!Just in time for lunch to.You will have to post your version of a classic dish.Where is the Sam Adams to go with it?

AZ Traveler ,
    The Hatch festival was a complete failure last year due to the floods they had. i will post some shots if you didn't see it last year. the fair grounds was a 150 acre mud bowl and the town took heavy damage. but some of the crop made it through............yaaaaaaaaa!!

AZ Traveler ,
    here are a few shots of Hatch 06
    Roasting Green[p]DSC_5589.jpg[p]Hatch Red Vendor[p]DSC_5592.jpg[p]Sun Dried Red on Roof[p]DSC_5612.jpg[p]Multi colored Ristras[p]DSC_5618.jpg[p]Flood Damage to town center[p]DSC_5607.jpg

slotmercenary,
    Those are very good pictures, thank you for posting them. Maybe this year will be a better one. Thanks again, AZ

Darnoc,
    It came about 20 minutes after the pics. AZ

AZ Traveler,
    I'll post or send recipes later. AZ

• Rick GRick G Posts: 166
    AZ Traveler ,[p]If your going to send out the recipe I would be interested too please. [p]Thanks

• icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    AZ Traveler ,[p]Put me on this list please..
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    AZ Traveler ,
    Good to the last drop!

• Smok'inCSISmok'inCSI Posts: 54
    AZ Traveler, Dang, that looks great, put me down for the recipe too, want to impress'em here in Phoenix
    Thanks a million!!!!