Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sanity Check: Firebox cracks

Right.BrainerRight.Brainer Posts: 28
edited 11:04PM in EggHead Forum
I have followed the advice I received earlier about my cracked firebox. I aquired a new firebox and have continued using the cracked box which is now in four, large pieces.[p]My concern is that in fitting the pieces together I have two crack openings that measure about 1/8" wide. Can I get an opinion from the forum about whether that is big enough to cause problems with heat that may escape throuogh to the egg itself?[p]As always, thanks for feedback.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    right brainer,
    It should improve airflow. -RP

• SkyRiderSkyRider Posts: 41
    right brainer,
    You can also get some furnace cement & put the 4 pieces back together again....I have done so w/ broken plate setter and other....still holding after years of high heat & general abuse...Good luck...