Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our first butt is in the Smoke Zone!!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's official at 10 P.M. June 16 2007 our first butt is in the egg with the adjustibal rig, (thanks tjv) Indrect with the pizza stone.
Temp holding nice at 220. Thanks for all the help today from everyone who replyed to my question. I will be up a lot tonight and will up date as needed.
PS I know don't OPEN the Egg!!!!!
PSS Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there.
Jim

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook,[p]Happy Father's Day to you too.[p]Good luck with that pork. I'm sure it will be better than you expect.
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    You're on the right track and all is well. Butts are difficult to mess up and you'll be eating well. Don't stress too much about temps. You can run your dome temp at 250 - 285 when doing butts with no problem whatsoever. Enjoy![p]Ed McLean....just up the road a piece in Ft. Pierce

• Unknown
    Options
    Jupiter Jim,
    Is your butt ready yet. I just seperated my brisket and put the point back on for some burnt ends.