Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smokin ribs

Options
smokn gramma g
smokn gramma g Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to a friends for the weekend and thought I would bring the ribs.
Question!!
Can I smoke them the night before on my egg, then refrigerate them and finish them off on her gasser the following night? Will this make them tough?
Has anyone tried this?[p]Gayle

Comments

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    smokn gramma g,[p]Your plan will work great. If you like to finish your ribs with BBQ sauce (as opposed to dry ribs), don't put any on the night before. Save the sauce for the reheat the following night. The ribs will be just as tender as the same ribs finished and served during the same cook.[p]-Kevin
  • smokn gramma g
    Options
    KevinH,
    thanks! I plan on foiling them for an hour, then getting a smoke pouch going then about 45min-1 hour on her gasser then sauce. Will that still work?

• Unknown
    Options
    smokn gramma g,[p]I would finish them on the egg. Give them a sauce and reheat on the gasser. They will have absorbed all the smoke they are going to on the egg. The gasser will do nothing but dry them out. I've been doing mine with DP rub over a drip pan with extra spicy caesar and beer for 4 - 5 hours with no foil.[p]Steve