Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Greek Pork Chop Recipies?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a recipe for Greek Pork Chops? I'm planning on using butterfly chops around 1" thick. Any ideas folks?

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    bouvweb,[p]This isn't a recipe, but I'm just thinking outloud here. Perhaps a simple marinade of a little olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Then a dusting of salt, pepper, corriander, oregano, and a dash of allspice?[p]zip
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Zip:[p]That is exactly what I would do . . .
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]
    I've never cooked chops like this, but I will try it. When I saw the title of the post, I had a flashback of the old times. We used to buy pita bread from a Greek bakery for the shop. They used barrels of olive oil and bushels of lemons, lots of oregano and coriander. The place always smelled so good, but at the time I wouldn't eat much they cooked other than the baklava. I think I would really appreciate it now, but they are long closed.[p]Zip

• Unknown
    Options
    Zip,
    Thanks for the idea! I'll let you know how they turn out.