Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster Success (tons of pics)

Options
TheStormyDOg
TheStormyDOg Posts: 104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well we had our first annual Lobster Roast, it went off without a hitch, Used the eggs to do the corn and the 17 pounds of mussles but chickened out and did the lobsters in the cookers, maybe next year. Hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as we all enjoyed the food. Also think I just converted 3 new eggers. lol
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    Nice...[p]I really like your outdoor kitchen.[p]The Texas Star on the house behind you looks like it might be in Texas. Are you in Texas?[p]Spring "Very Deep In The Very Large Heart Of Texas" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    man that's some good looking food.[p]where did you get the lobsters?[p]i have been thinking about ordering some online but have not gotted the courage to take the leap![p]as far as the mussells go that will happen soon for me looks like you got some onions on them when cooking but in your "plating" photo looks like you got peppers and lemon and what looks like light brown sugar(?).. i am figuring you added the lemon and brown sugar(?) after but what about the peppers[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    > Spring "Very Deep In The Very Large Heart Of Texas" Chicken[p]Well.....
    Wouldn't "Very Deep In The Very Large Heart Of Texas" be closer to Abilene? Or even Dalas? I mean, roll over a couple times after going to sleep in Spring and you wake up in Louisiana![p]Oh, I'm in trouble now.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Michael B,
    I just KNEW there would be a come-back about that, but let it be known to all that the "Heart" of Texas is all Texas Soil and All Texas People.[p]Now you're no longer in trouble, at least with me.[p]Spring "I Am My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine. I Make Me Happy ..." Chicken

• Midnight Smoker
    Options
    BENTE,
    We get ours from Lobsters-online.com. I'm originaly from Boston and had a great connection at James Hook. The prices at Lobsters-online are great and the service has been awsome for the past 3-4 years that we have used them. I usually get 3-5 pounders.....what the hell! I have actually ordered ten pounders on special times and they were great. DON'T let anyone ever tell you that large lobsters are TOUGH! Shoot me an email if you have any questions. Paul

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Not a Texas native, but I lived in San Antonio long enough, AND have enough Texas native relatives to know that. Just couldn't pass up the line.

• TheStormyDOg
    Options
    BENTE,
    got the Lobsters from NewFoundland, I am in Canada, The Mussels are the easiest thing to do in the pan put some mussles, bell peppers, diced onion and garlic, mix in some white wine and some EVOO. Cover with foil and put on the egg at about 450 for 20 minutes, until they turn orange.
    Very tasty and no mess. I put the green onions on top just for the visual

• TheStormyDOg
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    No up here in Ontario Canada, and still waiting for the first EGGFEST to be held north of the border (lol, heres hoping anyway)
    Thanks for the comments on the kitchen, it turned out great, have to find room for more eggs in the future though.
    Lol

• BENTE
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    i have done the mussells on the stove for christmas eve for the last 3-4 years at my fathers house last year i took my small egg over and did shrimp also but this year it's looking like mussells on the egg will be on the menu[p]thanks
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    you have mail
    happy ebbin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Unknown
    Options
    Nice looking setup! [p]Excellent food, I wish I was there. The mussels are a great idea -- maybe next weekend.[p]Every try the lobster on the egg? I've done king crab legs with tremendous success, but never lobster.

• TheStormyDOg
    Options
    Fidel,
    I have just done the tails on the egg before, for new years one year, turned out great I forwarded you some recipes in your email
    12_31_18.jpg

• Unknown
    Options
    BENTE,
    try calling Robinson's Wharf in Southport Maine. we have a vacation place in southport, and robinson's is one of the places that the lobstermen land their catch and sell their lobsters. i have no financial interest in their operation, but i sure like to sit on their wharf/patio at a picnic table in the summer eating a couple of lobsters that were swimming just a few hours previously![p]as far as i know, their retail operation is open all year. i take the local paper (boothbay register) and i've been reading that lobster prices are abnormally high right now, so if you get sticker shock wait a couple of months and try again.[p]here's a link to their web site.

[ul][li]http://www.robinsonswharf.net/[/ul]
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    TheStormyDog,[p]Holy cow - where to start the jealousy train??? I LOVE your outdoor kitchen!!! It is beautiful!! And the 2nd pic - what kind of granite is that? I love it![p]Oh yeah - nice lobsters too!! lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    Motion to be jealous of outdoor kitchen setup...[p]Seconded.[p]Presuming votes, motion carried. Get over here and build me one too :)
  • TexasTigerFan
    Options
    TheStormyDog,[p]OK...I am now feeling small and insignificant!! HaHa! What a great setup. Food looked sensational and everyone seemed to be having a great time. That is what it is all about.[p]Mike
  • TheStormyDOg
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Thanks, the kitchen was a long time in coming, not sure about the granite my wife knows I will ask her and email you. lol