Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butt Result

Options
Painter
Painter Posts: 464
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I posted Thursday I was going to try Cat's rib rub on my butt. (set myself up for comments I know) Well I put one on with
Cat's rub and one with JJ's rub and they are at 190 right now and I tasted of both and can only say they are scrumptious. Nice peppery bite on Cat's rub and as we all know JJ's never fails. I'd recommend Cat's' rub on your butt also as I'll definitly do again. I never once had to adjust egg temps all night, not even an ash shake. Must be because I talk to the thing every day. lol
Good sammiches on my plate today, hope all to you also...
Painter

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Painter,
    You are a good example of what happens when you treat Mr. Egg like the family member he is. Others on our forum should make every effort to emulate your stellar actions!
    Talking to him...rubbing his knubblie smooth exterior...humming little tunes he likes all go into making a happy Egg and, we all know what a happy Egg will produce for us, don't we?[p];>)[p]Carey

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Painter,[p]Good for you, I appreciate the report. If you would, post back how the two different butts taste after they are pulled. Also if you don't mind, what kind of sauce you used with the juniper butt.[p]Thanks!
    Ashley

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Zip,I used Famous Daves BBQ sauce on them today. I have a homeade type in the fridge that is a little more on the vinegar side that I like well but did't use today. The butt with JJ's rub went to a neighbor whose gasser died and needed some incouragement on what type of cooker he should get next. He was impressed and said I should open a restaurant. His wife did'nt like the idea of smoked food until she tasted the pulled pork I brought over. Before I left she brought out a 20lb. turkey to cook for her so I'm going to brine and cook Sunday for her. The juniper berry rub was a hit with me and my wife and will definetly do again. The sauce you like will work well I'm sure.I'm still looking for the perfect one but I use little sauce usually anyway.....Painter