Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How sturdy is the eggnest?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on getting the medium, but dont know whether to make/buy a table or just get the eggnest. I would hate for such an expensive grill to fall over and break. [p]So how the eggnest stand up while cleaning the grate, dumping ash , or with any other task?[p]

Comments

• NewbsNewbs Posts: 188
    MG,[p]I use the nest for my large. I always pull it toward me while moving it. Never push it away from you. Move slowly and you shouldn't have any trouble at all. I've had wheels snag on small twigs and pebbles and it just stops. Take it easy when you have to move it around and it'll be fine.
    Cleaning the grate? I take it out to clean it unless I'm just giving it a quick pass with a grill brush. Never had a problem?
    Dumping ash? You just open the vent door at the bottom and scrape the ash out with the ash tool. Nothing you could do during that operation could cause the egg to tip out of the nest.
    It works just as it should.[p]Cheers,[p]John

• MG,Get a table it will not hit a rock or what ever and fall over. Good Luck