Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How sturdy is the eggnest?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on getting the medium, but dont know whether to make/buy a table or just get the eggnest. I would hate for such an expensive grill to fall over and break. [p]So how the eggnest stand up while cleaning the grate, dumping ash , or with any other task?[p]

Comments

• Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188
    MG,[p]I use the nest for my large. I always pull it toward me while moving it. Never push it away from you. Move slowly and you shouldn't have any trouble at all. I've had wheels snag on small twigs and pebbles and it just stops. Take it easy when you have to move it around and it'll be fine.
    Cleaning the grate? I take it out to clean it unless I'm just giving it a quick pass with a grill brush. Never had a problem?
    Dumping ash? You just open the vent door at the bottom and scrape the ash out with the ash tool. Nothing you could do during that operation could cause the egg to tip out of the nest.
    It works just as it should.[p]Cheers,[p]John

• MG,Get a table it will not hit a rock or what ever and fall over. Good Luck