Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WARNING... to new Eggers...

Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you are not prepared to make some of the best friends you've ever had, who you will (possibly) never meet,...please leave this site immediately,...and never return. If you continue to visit here, you risk become friends with some of the best people on the planet. If this is not in your game plan, then please reconsider your purchase of this wonderful product.[p]At 56 years of age, I never dreamed of making new playground friends. However, in spite of the odds, the acquisition of the BGE has certainly changed my course in life. The folks on this Forum are some, if not the most, genuine humans I've ever met in my entire life. What means the most to us has obviously drawn us together, and that should tell us something about who we associate with. [p]During my brief visit to this Forum, I've made friends that I would never have dreamed of. These are people who I would have never, otherwise, had the opportunity to meet. For that I am extremely grateful. They will offer cooking tips, recipes, and emotional support when they feel you need it. It is unprecidented, and virtually undescribable.[p]So, if this is not what you seek this is the wrong place. You may get phone calls from Nature Boy, WooDoggies, Spring Chicken, Max, CWMike, ChefWil, YB, Wise One, Bente, AZRP or others too numerous to mention....But if you get a call from Chubby, please make sure that you have purchased extra minutes.[p]I love this place.[p]LR

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Lawn Ranger,
    well put!!!!!!!![p]it was good to talk to you today.[p]gotta go turn sprinklers off LOL
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Lawn Ranger, I am a new comer to the list 1 year and I can feel the love of the BGE crew to help out all who ask a question. Thank you all for you input to my questions.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Lawn Ranger,
    Aw shucks, golly (sniff), I never knew you cared. Ya know, you're alright! -RP

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,869
    Lawn Ranger,
    geeez, sniff, sniff...guess I don't count, since no mention, but I called you once BUT we have "talked" via email often...[p]All kidding aside, I fully agree! We, as fellow eggers have many, wonderful cyber friends on this board who we probably will never meet in person, but hey...that doesn't make "us" any less of a friend!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    RRP,[p] Hey I gave him a big old bottle of Thousand Island Dressing and I ended up in the 'too numerous' category.. [p]I turned on my 'divert chubby to land line' filter. It pays to work for a cell provider :)[p]
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,164
    Well said, Mike! Truer words were never spoken........even those referring to Chubby!!
  • Lawn Ranger
    RRP,
    Man, I knew I couldn't name enough, but you and Celtic are for sure way up there.....Where do you start or begin? Speaking of starting, I believe the Naked Whiz certainly ranks close to the top. Just goes to show that there are way too many to mention. BTW, I love my gasket! :o)[p]My best to Pat![p]Mike

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Lawn Ranger,[p]I talked to Chubby for so long that I had to switch phones because the battery died! lol[p]I have Max on speed dial for emergencies like "torpedo shaped turkeys" and whatnot. :)[p]I was amazed at how many people were shocked that we would travel all the way from Sitka to Waldorf just for a one day cooking fest. They would ask - so you really came all the way here just for this? The only answer I had was - of course! These are our friends - why wouldn't we be here?[p]
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    AlaskanC,
    Nerdy friends! -RP

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Lawn Ranger:[p]Very well put for a Texas boy! I am glad to say we have met (in person & on-line) many wonderful people we now call friends that we would have never known if it wasn't for discovering the Egg world. Even though some of the are, shall we say, a bit EGGCENTRIC (that may be why they are so much fun to be around).[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Lawn Ranger,
    maybe you should get celtic wolf onna fone with chubby and see whose fone gives out first.[p]
    BOOOYYAH![p]signed, stike, who hasn't had the pleasure of talkin to chubby but did have CW once chew his ear down to a bluddy nub.[p]loveya buddy!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Celtic Wolf
    stike,[p] I kilt two chubby phones. He has yet to kill mine.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    takes one to know one[p];)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Celtic Wolf,
    my kids were in the background beating each other to sh!t and i said "oh man, i think i gotta go break this up..." and you're all "yeah, so anyway.... as i was sayin"[p]hahahaha
    you know i can talk too, which is the only reason i'm giving you grief.[p]g'night, ever'body. this is the first time in seven months i'm gonna have o work all day saturday. gotta go to bed.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Oooh do I like the sound of that. Playground friend. I think I'll pour some scotch and sit back and ponder that one.[p]mSharrrrrrrrrrrk
  • Celtic Wolf
    AZRP,[p] By the end of the day even the not so nerdy one was a member of the nerdery..[p]First time in my life being called an egghead is a good thing :)[p]
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    TexasEggFest200564.jpg
    <p />mollyshark,[p]I think it's clear, the two of you, well...have always shared something...ah, special....!![p]signed...[p]Jealous in Cypress
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Regardless of your insistance on "Chubby Bashing"..every time you think I am away...
    I've always tried to afford you some "special"... extra time...just to let you work out your Demons!![p]P1010005-4.jpg[p]This I suppose... is the thanks I get?[p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Lawn Ranger,
    Well said.

• Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188
    mollyshark,[p]I like the sound of the scotch too. Just got a sweet bottle of Johnnie Walker Green Label for my 40th. Might have to crack that baby.
    Did you ever make that mango chutney? Had some yesterday with some butter chicken and I wondered if you had ever gotten around to trying that recipe.[p]Cheers,[p]John

• Newbs
    AlaskanC,[p]Hey....here's an idea. Since you flew all the way to Waldorf and to Atlanta...and since soooo many people have commented on Alaska from your beautiful pictures and how they need to get up there...why don't we have a Sitka Eggfest? That'd be a beauty! Whos in?[p]Cheers,[p]John
  • Lawn Ranger
    Chubby,
    Thanks, Pal. We both know that they are many. Some folks call me Legion.[p]Buddy Lawn

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Newbs,[p]Nope..haven't and really need to. Things should quiet down in my life a little starting next week and I'll be able to get all eggsperimental.[p]mShark
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    SSN686,
    Let me know when you're ready for some more Channelside Pizza
    Al

• Newbs
    mollyshark,[p]Make a small batch before you make up that full recipe. It doesn't take long and its so tasty. [p]Cheers,[p]John