Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CUSSING, KICKING,SCRREAMING...NEED HELP...FAST

Options
Sandi
Sandi Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I done gone and did it AGAIN. Since my first melt together, I have been extremely careful in trying NOT to get the egg so hot it melts the gasket together. Had high temp going tonight for a pork chop cook, let the sucker burn for an hour to clean the inside. Opened the dome...FINE///temp was at 750. Put the ceramic plate on it, shut the bottom vent, came inside to chor on GREAT chops and my newly cleaned egg. Other half came in from talking to a neighbor to inform me that the thing was melted together. Right now, I'm sitting (after going outside and opening it up again, with a temp of about 400. WHAT, if anything, at this point, can I do to *un-stick* the darn thing???? HELP in a hurry is requested![p]Thanks in advnace.

Comments

• Sandi
    Sandi Posts: 107
    Options
    Sandi,[p]It's even worse now...a neighbor who I suspect has had *too* much of a Happy Father's Day has just been around the thing with a flat head screwdriver. I did see ceramic chips falling. I am BEYOND cussing, kicking and screaming now.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Sandi,
    Avoid getting food, grease, sauce on the gasket.[p]
    Now you can heat it back up (place a fire cube under the grate and hope you have enough fuel to get it hot enough to unstick itself or get a fish filet knife and cut the gasket all the way around - or where its stuck together atleast. It's food and grease and sauce that is doing the sticking -- not the gasket or the glue on it (unless you used something else). Good luck [p]Tim[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Sandi, so much for the wisdom of the neighbor..Let us know how sad the situation is. A thin putty knife would have been a better solution. I dread the report..
    Char-Woody..