Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza....

Options
Smoking Jacket
Smoking Jacket Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
153786498-L.jpg
<p />that was worth eating. The first one did not turn out so well, but this one was very good. Bought a ball of italian pizza dough from Publix grocery store, which made pizza making very easy. The first time I did not have a raised grid set up, but this time I had the plate setter legs up, my grid then the extended grid with a pizza stone on top. I used parchment paper and was quite pleased with the out come. I kept the ingredients simple in case I screwed it up again.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    Great job!! I just had breakfast but i certainly wouldn't turn a slice of that pizza down!!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    looks goooooood! Whatever works for you is terrific, but I've been eggin pizzas every two weeks for years now and I much prefer the setter legs down with the stone directly on the setter - and with the grate removed. I believe I have more uniform heat on the stone that way and have never burnt nor undercooked a pizza.

• Jackbythesea
    Jackbythesea Posts: 102
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    Looks great! I brush olive oil on the edge of the crust before baking for a little more color and flavor. Sometimes I sprinkle some grated cheese everything too. Keep up the good work! Pizza is my favorite.
    Jack

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    That parchment paper is great insurance against sticking. -RP

• John
    John Posts: 62
    Options
    RRP,
    I just purchased a pizza stone and I am not sure as to what exactly I should do. Place the stone on the grid or put a plate setter on the grid then the pizza stone onto the plate setter or put on the raised grid on top of grid and then the pizza stone. I appreciate your thoughts.[p]Thank you,
    Egger John