Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waldorf Wing Recipe Request

Options
Poolman
Poolman Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone was serving some awesome wings at the Waldorf eggfest (unfortunately I can not rember who). They were lightly breaded, crispy and had a nice kick. I'm cooking for a neighborhood picnic Friday and would love to try this recipe. Any help would be appreciated.[p]Thanks,[p]Poolman

~~~~~~~

Poolman

Comments

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    Poolman,
    I was not there so can not be sure but it sounds like you are describing the DP crispy wings. Go to their site and that recipe is available.

• Suck Creek Wings
    Options
    Poolman,[p]I wasn't there, so I'm not sure what the wings were like, but if you are looking for the best wings you have ever had, I would invite you to visit our website.[p]There is some good info on different cooking methods, including the one we have used to win several wing cook offs, including the Memphis Hot Wing Festival last month. [p]Happy winging.

[ul][li]SCW[/ul]
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Grillmeisterswings.jpg
    <p />Poolman, I made Grillmeister's chicken wings about 11 am. His recipe is in the 2007 Eggtoberfest book on Wessb's site. Basically, 3 parts Byron's Butt rub and 1 part turbinado sugar, marinate couple hours or overnight. The cook is raised grid, 350ish temp for about one hour or until crispy. When you drop the wings on the grid give them another sprinkle of the Butt/sugar rub.

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Poolman
    Poolman Posts: 17
    Options
    tjv,
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give the recipe a try. There was a lot of great food at eggfest, but I keep remembering the wings.[p]Poolman

~~~~~~~

Poolman

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    tjv,
    I don't believe we've had the 2007 Eggtoberfest yet!!

• Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    Poolman,
    You would be looking for the DP recipe for sure. Woo-Doggies is a master at them and he can maybe guide you more than I.
    Good luck,
    Kenny