Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks...and what do with leftover brisket.

Options
canadian bacon
canadian bacon Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello[p]Thanks everyone for advice tips on first brisket..turned out great
tender tasty..melt in your mouth smokey flavour. I smoked an 8 pounder but it is just my wife and I. Wanted a dry run before I try it out for friends and/or family. Question what do I do with the remaining 5 lbs of meat. Will bring some in for co-workers..Is it good cold..can I freeze it and reheat etc ?[p]CB

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    canadian bacon,[p]freeze in it some of the sauce in a zip lock or two. Set the ziplock in boiling water or nuke it slowly
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    canadian bacon,
    I like to take a can of plain old baked beans, Campbells pork and beans, except I get the veggie ones with no pork. Dice up some brisket and mix in with the beans. let them slowly simmer for an hour. Add a little water if needed. Then serve with a mound of grilled onions over the top. Man, I love it. Hell on the intestines, but man I love it![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    canadian bacon,
    Make Chili with it....

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    Make some Beef Stew.[p]It is incredible with some smoky, tender, brisket!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just wrap it in foil and put it in the referigerator. Next day or so, I take it out, slice off enough cold for a meal, foil it and heat it in the oven. Nearly as good as the first meal. Can make sliced beef sandwiches that way, too.
  • Shoe
    Shoe Posts: 67
    Options
    Here's an easy meal - chop some of the brisket into bite-sized chunks. Put them back on the egg with some smoke and rub at 350 for 15 minutes or so, along with a few slices of onion on the side to soften up. You'll want something atop the BGE grill with smaller spacing than the grill for this. Spraying the onion with olive oil helps. Toast a bun for the last few minutes. Put the meat and onions on the bun, melt some cheese over the meat and onions, and enjoy.
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    BrisketHash1.jpg
    <p />canadian bacon,
    Make some hash. Par boil your potatos and cut into cubes. Saute some chopped onion and green peppers. Mix all together and add chopped brisket and heat through. Add a couple of fried eggs and you have a great meal.