Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Chimney Started

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_0703.jpg
<p />Salmon on Ceder[p]Ok I admit I am a little ruff on my chimeny starter. They don't seem to last very long. I think my weber lasted six months. Does any one have any suggestions. Is the stainless steel any better? Does it last any longer, or should I just go get another weber! THANKS[p]BIG Green Egg now in Williams and Sonoma catalog!

Comments

• YYZash
    YYZash Posts: 44
    Options
    I like to use a MAPP gas torch. Just fill your egg with lump and hit it in a few spots with the torch for about a minute total, then closed up your egg with the drafts wide open and let the egg be your chimney starter.

Make sure you buy a torch head that is rated for MAPP gas if you decide to use that over propane.
  • Unknown
    Options
    cflyinbob,
    your fish look terrific...why put in a cedar closet????or roof shingle?...salmon by itself is only great...

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    cflyinbob,
    Why not just use a starter cube and let the egg do the rest....cheap and easy.[p]Wess

• Unknown
    Options
    nodock, A old sailor in Canada show me this trick and I wont cook salmon any other way you should give it a try. Soak the Ceader or alder plank for 45 min and throw the fish on you won’t be sorry.