Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dino bones

Options
gdenby
gdenby Posts: 6,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dino12.jpg
<p />Hi, all,[p]Yesterday, as I dug up sod and plopped down patio block, getting ready for Egg #2, I had some "dino bones" crammed in my medium.[p]These were the first beef long ribs I'd done on the Egg. I got them from a shop that specializes in cutting steaks and roasts to order. These appeared to be leftover from a rib roast special. They were heavily trimmed, but at .69 a pound, they seemed like a good deal. I thought that I'd need the full twelve pounds for dinner, so I cut them up and cooked them verticle in the V-rack. They needed to be on the lower grill position to fit.[p]I rubbed them with DP red-eye express. Cooked them at about 240 for a bit over 5 hours, with just a folded foil drip catcher. I sprayed them with coffee 4 - 5 times during the the last 2 hours, in part to lessen the chance of a grease fire. Some of the edges got a little too crisp, but over all they were tender and tastey.The pic was taken just after I yanked a bit off one to check for done-ness.[p]DinosPlate.jpg[p]Served them with navy beans and apple pie filling cooked in a mixture of Blues Hog Tennessee Red and Sweet Baby Rays. Had some obligatory green stuff off to the side.[p]After feeding 5, had 4 bones left. I think these will become a fave.[p]gdenby

Comments