Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Waldorf - Hot Italian Sausage with Sweet Asian Glaze

BBQ Bob TrudnakBBQ Bob Trudnak Posts: 197
edited 2:54PM in EggHead Forum
A few people asked me to post this recipe, so here it is. I make 20 lbs at a time and freeze some if I am not cooking for alot of people.[p]20 pounds of pork (I Start with boneless Butts)
1/8 cup salt
1/4 cup garlic salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup ground paprika
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon anise seed
1 tablespoon fennel seed
1/8 cup red pepper flakes or slightly less
2 tablespoons of Swamp Venom[p]Cube Pork butts and add all seasonings. Place cubed, seasoned meat in Ziplocks and let sit in fridge overnight.[p]Fine grind seasoned pork the next day and let sit in fridge for 1 more day. [p]Now you can make patties, case them or cook them in the mats like I do.[p]Cook direct at 325° F until internal temp. reaches 160° F. [p]Asian glaze:
1/2 cup of apple juice
1 cup of Hoisen Sauce
2 tsp. of Sesame oil
2 tsp of Chile Lemongrass sauce[p]Heat glaze in pan and baste over sausage about 20 minutes into the cook.[p]Bob[p]

Comments

• BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    bob, that was some good eats you guys had going all day long. ..really enjoyed the jambalaya ... [p]and give jenny-butt a big congrats from me for winning the beer-bong competition. ...she definitely both talked the talk (and she out trash-talked ALL of the men and boys there) and walk the walk ...i was impressed. . . [p]and thanks for the guru!!! ... finally chubby and his wife allowed someone else to win the guru bucks for a change ... .you know it will be put to good use!!

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks Max! I am happy you won![p]Bob

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,770
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Yet more proof that wasn't the real Chubby..[p]1. He cooked..[p]2. He didn't burn anything..[p]3. Other people won prizes...[p]
  • PRobinsonPRobinson Posts: 74
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Thanks for sharing, since I was one of the ones begging. Since the Eastern Market burned recently (lost my source of sausages) I guess I will have to try my hand with home-made ones. This recipe is the best incentive I could have.
  • PRobinson,
    hey paulette, always so nice to see you and your family. .. and as usual, your crab imperial and peach cobbler were wonderful as always!!! . .. .[p]and yes, we are all gonna miss eastern market. ..besides union meats, i'll also miss that italian butcher and his wonderful sausage. .. .

• PRobinson,
    Once you start making sausage you will not want to buy it. Have fun with it.[p]BBQ Bob

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    PRobinson,
    After tasting your crab imperial, I'm going to be first in line for your home made sausage! -RP

• PRobinson,
    Is your Crab Imperial recipe posted somewhere? That was one of my favorites!!!
    Sandra

• sandra[p]here is the link .. ..[p]
    as always, it was good to see you up here ...

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/seafood0382.htm[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks Max. Great to see you too. Hope to see you and your daughter both at Eggtoberfest. Thanks for the link. I loved that Crab Imperial. YUMMY!
    Sandra

• BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]What percentage of fat (by weight) do you use? I made a batch of sausage for the first time last month and it turned out the consistency of bread crumbs! I thought I was adding a lot. I used brisket and pork butt and tossed a fair amount of the fat....
  • All over the map,
    I do not ad any fat to the pork butts. Never saw a need to.[p]Bob