Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. Chicken Don't Look!

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
02_19_0018_36_02.jpg
<p />Tonight we did Country Ribs and Sweet Potatoes. The ribs were great and the Sweet Potatoes were outstanding! Sorry Dr. - Sweet (not red or white) potatoes are allowed on the Sugar-Buster diet! Have a great evening and the best in BBQ to all.

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Gfw, ALLRIGHT DUDE! You are eating healthy, and enjoying it.. Perfect...

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Gfw,
    Sorry! With a heading like that, I couldn't resist! My wifey is on the same diet! She's got good sense though! She refuses to look at dem yams!
    Better you than me! Enjoy![p]Dr. Chicken[p]p.s.: They do look good though! Nice picture work!

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    If youse guys calls dat perfect eatin', I prefer to waste away! Likes I said before, "The only good thing about Sweet potaters, is it's a good thing hogs like 'em! Yuk! Yuk! yuuuuk!!!![p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, Shame...I did some last Xmas for dinner I would rather not talk about ..but the other night, just for grins, I peeled one, buttered it real good, like corn on the cob, sprinkled it with brown sugar, and roasted it. Now it wasn't perfect, but it was real tasty. Wrapped in foil of course. I just cold turkey that one...no recipe!
    Cheers..C~W[p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    The cold turkey, the foil....I can handle! The sweet taters....yuuuuk! Jist MHO, though![p]Dr. Chicken

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, you musta been beat with a bag of sweet-taters when you was a puppy.. Is it the strings in the texture? I always cut sweet-taters in small slices across the grain so that disappears. I still haven't got the recipe from sisinlaw yet, but you gotta fix that one at least once and let the family try it. Brined pork loin is going in the egg at 1000 hrs. I'm taking it to a friends house afterwards. I'll let you know.