Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gotta love it!

Options
Bructer
Bructer Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Man I love this egg. Got a 6.5lbs prime rib roast on and it looks frikken awesome. I seared it at 550 degrees then took it off till temp dropped to 325. Holding steady now at 295. My wife ran into town to get a normal temp gauge as I cant figure out this digital POS. Should be ready to pull off in an hour or so.[p]I just wish they had these Eggfests up here in Western Canada. [p]
Cheers,

Comments

• FV-Egger
    FV-Egger Posts: 31
    Options
    Bructer,[p]Yeah, a Western Canada Eggfest would be nice... How far west are you? I'm about 45 minutes east of Vancouver.
  • Bructer
    Options
    FV-Egger,[p]I'm in Oilberta, Bragg Creek just west of Calgary.[p]
    Cheers

• FV-Egger
    FV-Egger Posts: 31
    Options
    Bructer,[p]Well, lets have one somewhere in the middle...
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Bructer, Pull the meat off at 125

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    primerib3.jpg
    <p />tach18k,
    I agree, but you have to meet the demands of company. I pulled my Easter Prime Rib at 135 and 2/3rds the people didn't like it that rare. Old pic but you get the idea.[p]Mike

• Bructer
    Options
    tach18k,[p]I can barely friggen move I'm so full. I pulled it at 130 and it was perfect. The wife thought it was a little rare until she took a bite. [p]Looks like my 10K Capitol Grille is gonna get pushed right off the deck to make way for the Egg. LOL[p]
    Cheers,

• All over the map
    Options
    FV-Egger,[p]Victoria?? ;-)
  • All over the map
    Options
    Bructer,[p]Where do you buy in Calgary?
  • Bructer
    Options
    All over the map,[p]The meat or the Egg?[p]
    Cheers,

• Ottawa_egger
    Ottawa_egger Posts: 236
    Options
    All over the map,[p]I was in Calgary on the weekend and wanted to show my sister the Egg. There appears to be only two places that sell the Egg in Calgary. I took my sister to Western Fresh Air Fireplaces, and the lady at the front desk seemed very disinterested in talking to us about the egg. No effort to even engage us in conversation or answer our questions let alone try to sell us one. Not a very good representation of the Egg as far as I'm concerned - if I were BGE Canada I'd be pissed and revoke their dealership status. They'd be better off selling them at Crappy Tire - no worst customer service, but at least they'd get more foot traffic than the hole in the wall at Western Fresh Air Fireplaces.[p]Ottawa_egger
  • All over the map
    Options
    Bructer,
    I meant the egg and it's accessories. We have a hardware store here in Victoria that carries it, but boy they really don't know the treasure that they have. They bring in the odd shipment from Vancouver and I have nothing but high praise for the operation over there. I was talking to one of the sales guys here about making more of an effort with sample cooks in the parking lot or something. No interest whatsoever. I guess they have higher margins on the gassers. The egg is some expensive out here too.

• Bructer
    Options
    All over the map,[p]You might be right on the margin thing. I think the eggs biggest downfall maybe it's looks (I'm ducking now). They are just plain friggin ugly. I talked to one guy in BBQ's Galore where I bought mine and he said his wife would kill him if he dragged that across the deck home. The looks of it is actually growing on me and after it's first couple uses I very impressed. As for where I bought mine, I seemed to know more about them then they did. (they have been selling them for a year) They also told me if I refer them a person to the egg and they buy it I get a free bag of charcoal. Whipde do!!!. [p]
    Cheers,

• hiloboy
    hiloboy Posts: 75
    Options
    Bructer,
    well at 29.99 plus tax. for a 20lb of BGE charcoal here.i'll take the finders fee..