Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Texas Eggfest Pics

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
NewTXEGGFEST.jpg
<p />Mrs. GrillMeister & I are still at the lake wrapping things up, but I thought I'd toss these pics up ASAP as I was a bit tardy last year.[p]What a great time for Eggers & Newbies alike. If anyone wants their pics included on the site, drop me a note and we'll work out the details on getting the pics.[p]Thanks to all those who helped through out Friday & Saturday, plus those who helped clean out and load all those eggs for the Demo Customers.[p]More to come later, after some sleep & a shower.[p]Cheers Ya'll[p]GrillMeister

[ul][li]Texas Eggfest 2007 Pics[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Those were good Ed. I'm sure there will be many more as everyone's time and energy catches up. I just downloaded mine and will be posting them soon. Right now I have to figure out why I have more rum when I got home than I took over there. I seem to recall a few generous Eggheads saying something about "meetng my medical needs." I think my doctor would approve if it is for medicinal purposes.[p]You did good.[p]Spring "Always One Step Away From Step'n In Something" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    GrillMeister, ah man you really know how to throw a shindig - great friends, wonderful food, perfect weather and ya definitely can't beat the view. [p]You and Liesel certainly deserve to ease into a comfy lounge chair, pour a cold one of home brew and enjoy a lakeside sunset tonight. [p]Thanks again. Tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Nice Pics, GrillMeister![p]I just finished eating my first cook on my Egg, a porkloin.
    It was almost as good as the one GrillMeister cooked
    yesterday. Mmmmmmmm...[p]Many thanks for all the work you did in putting the Texas
    Eggfest together, Ed, and more thanks to all of you who
    participated, both teaching in the TEU and cooking.
    I enjoyed meeting all of you, and I learned a lot![p]Sneezix

• I forgot to mention the lesson I learned tonight...[p]Don't remove a remote thermometer probe with your
    bare hand! I got a nice sear mark on my thumb and
    forefinger, but decided to not cross-hatch it. :-)[p]Sneezix

• GrillMeister,
    Vickie and I certainly enjoyed the event and we both decided it was well worth the drive from Virginia. In fact, she is already making plans to do it again next year--but this time she wants to cook. All this from the girl that hs never actually cooked on our eggs. All I can say is the "University" certainly works. I don't know how you controlled the weather but it was great; couple that with the best site you could hope for and you have success.
    Thanks for the great Texas hospatality,
    Larry

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Thanks from me too and I wasn't even there. No doubt you poured your heart and soul into putting this on, we will make it next year. -RP

• SkyRider
    SkyRider Posts: 41
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Thanks to you & L. again this year for a great weekend...think everybody had a great time...Special thanks for the WX you arranged for us too.
    Now...how do I get the "ChubbyLove" tattoo off???

• tjv
    Options
    SkyRider, it pays to have a meteorologist on staff.....LOL

• Nancy
    Nancy Posts: 24
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Great pictures. I wasn't anywhere near Texas so wasn't able to attend but thanks for the photos, you've got to have the best site for an Eggfest I have ever seen. Can I ask about the raised grate pictured in the 6th, 7th, and 8th photos. That's one of the best raised grate setups I have ever seen... love the slide out lower shelf. It has to be specially fabricated... does anyone make them for sale? Thanks again for sharing the photos!

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Nancy,[p]I was just about to ask the same thing. Would love to have one of those for my Large BGE. Anyone know if they are available? thanks
  • Nancy
    Options
    Gandolf,
    Me too! Would sure love to find out if that's possible!

• SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    Nancy,[p]add another one to that list
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • tjv
    Options
    Nancy, the rack system is mine. It's a new addition to my adjustable rig. You can email for more details. T

• RJH
    RJH Posts: 129
    Options
    Nancy, I have had the rig for about a year and I haven't cooked without it since I got it. It hasn't been out of my egg even once until this weekend when I gave it back to Tom to get the slider and other mods he has added. I can attest that this rig is the best money I have spent on accessories period!

• RJH
    RJH Posts: 129
    Options
    GrillMeister, I could only attend for a bit Saturday morning this year, but I even learned a couple of new tips in the short time I was there. You put on a well organized and great event. Thanks for your time and effort, and next year I will be there the whole day!
  • Nancy
    Options
    RJH,
    I can well believe that! I've emailed Tom about it and hope to one day be a proud owner myself. A really really impressive accessory. It just really looked like exceptional workmanship too. I really really liked what I saw in the few photos of it I did see.

• GrillMeister,[p]Wow........you gotta explain the pic on page 1, 3rd row, far left pic showing the bottom grate sliding out. What a cool idea!!!!! Any construction directions available.[p]Howard

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Howard,[p]You need to work with tgv or Sandbagger. That's his baby.[p]Pretty sweet, isn't it.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    [ul][li]Texas Eggfest[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas