Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jim and Nick's Sauce, really good!

SouthOfI10
SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC00994.jpg
<p />Happy Sunday evening, folks.
I just devoured a plate of some of the best ribs yet on my Egg. I cut a slab of spares down to St. Louis per Thirdeye's recommendation and cooked them per CWM. That was great by itself, but I have found a sauce that I REALLY like. It's called Jim and Nick's out of Birmingham, AL. It is one of the few habanero based sauces that are hot (really hot),yet have an awesome flavor. Anyone else try this sauce?

Comments

• Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    SouthOfI10,
    Can you post a link to where you bought it or some info on how to get some thanks. i'll be birmingham next month if u can provide some info i can pick up some & see how it is thanks
    Beast

• SouthOfI10
    BEAST,
    Well, I have been getting mine from my best friend who travels from Atlanta to Birmingham on a regular basis, so I can't give you directions. The bottle says that it is from "Jim 'N Nick's"; 200 Union Hill Drive, Suite 101, Birmingham, AL 35209 [p]I hope that you can find some. This is by far the best hot barbecue sauce that I have tried.[p]s

• Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    SouthOfI10,
    Thanks i'll see what i can find with that ifo alone
    Beast

• SouthOfI10,
    There's a Jim and Nicks on Hilton Head Island and I eat there too often (when I have to take my Land Rover for repairs). The habanero barbecue sauce is excellent, but I wouldn't say it was hot by any means. My wife, who doesn't like much hot stuff, eats it just fine. When we eat there, I use the actual habanero hot sauce, which I don't find all that hot either. Heat aside, the Jim and Nick's in Hilton Head is about the best Q I've had in a restaurant. As a KCBS and FBA judge I would score them a consistent 9/9.5 for tenderness and flavor in all four categories. Only Blackwater Barbecue in Orlando makes better ribs.[p]You got good taste SouthOfI10. Where the heck is my slab? Those ribs look wonderful!

• B'ham. The one I frequent most is in fultondale/gardendale area right off i-65. There is also one out 280...and a couple in town. Ask someone in bham and I guarantee you will be within a couple of miles of one.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    SouthOfI10,
    Can't say that I have heard of that sauce. But ribs looked great. Can you do a Omaha, NE eggfest?[p]Mike

• SouthOfI10
    BBQBluesStringer,
    Cool. I thought that this sauce was local to AL and not very well known. It is really good by my standards. You must be several notches above me on the capsaicin scale. This is almost as hot as I care to eat without sweating or crying. Thanks for the compliments on the picture. I am dialing in my rib cook nicely. Lots of good folks here to help.[p]Have a great evening.[p]Scott

• SouthOfI10
    Car Wash Mike,
    Hey, Mike. I was hoping that you would see this post. You are spot on with your rib cooks, and thanks for the tips. I have never been to Nebraska...never been to an Eggfest...yet, it sounds like a great time. Do you have to enter a food category, or do you just show up? [p]Thanks.
    s

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    SouthOfI10,
    Well, eggfoot is going to put it on. So it will be his call. I don't have a clue what he has in mind. I'm sure he will ask you pre-register so they can sell the demo eggs.
    He is a great guy and I really want his to be a huge success. I just show up and cook. You don't need to have your food in mind, but he may like an idea so he can advertise.[p]Mike