Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Post & Thanks!

Options
Poolman
Poolman Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was perfectly happy with my gas grills for 20 years, but my company did a pool show last fall in Atlanta and our booth was right next to the courtyard. Just outside, Buster was cooking his famous Drunk Chicken and Dr. BBQ eggeded ribs, portabella mushrooms, and some incredible deserts. Half of the catered "box lunches" for the show were hauled away bcause of the great BBQ outside![p]Two weeks later my wife and business partner each noted that my lack of owning a BGE was affecting both my home and work productivity. I solved that problem (at BBQ's Galore) and my family and employees have been eating very well ever since.[p]I would like to thank all of you who post for your insight and experience. The best food I have ever cooked has come from suggestions and contributors from this site. The great rubs from Dizzy Pig have been awesome as well.[p]Anyway, sorry for the rambling post but I look forward to meeting fellow eggers in Waldorf. I'll attempt to cook a Sinco De Mayo Chipotle Brisket for whoever would like to taste.[p]Thanks for all the great advice,[p]Poolman

~~~~~~~

Poolman

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Poolman,
    Congratulations on the move to ceramic cooking. Feels nice to be an Egghead, doesn't it?[p]We're arriving late in the day at Waldorf and will probably miss your brisket, but passing along the recipe would be appreciated.[p]Hopefully, we'll see you at the After Party.[p]Spring "All Is Well On The Southwestern Front" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Poolman,[p]Now that you've seen the light your hair will grow back, your feet will stop hurting and you'll gain weight. [p]Then you'll start to brag to friends and stop total strangers on the street or i the mall to talk about "THE BIG GREEN EGG". At first folks will be polite, smile and nod. After a while they'll see you coming and run. IF you are successful in trapping someone to tell about "my cook last night" they will feign illness or plead an appointment with their brain surgeon and the upcoming frontal lobotomy in a few minutes. [p]As a newbie you must post questions . . . oh go talk to omba he'll tell you about what he has to do the find out what the secret handshake is all about.[p]Welcome to The Cult of The Big Green Egg!
  • ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    Options
    Poolman,[p]Small world - my folks have lived in Darnestown for 25+ years. I signed them up Dr BBqs Thursday niight cooking demo before Waldorf in hopes the get hooked on the BGE.[p]Your brisket sounds great...
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Poolman,
    Congrats. to you. Look me up at Waldorf and try some of my "Cow Lickin' Chili".....