Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How big do you make your fatties?

Mik of AlaskaMik of Alaska Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's been a while so I need all the info I can get. 1 or 2# direct or indirect and to what temp. I got 3 kinds of sausage that I'm willin to do but I just need some info. Cudda swore I made my last ones at 2# each but could be wrong. Thanks in advance, Mik
·

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Mik of Alaska,
    Here is a great link. I cook mine direct at about 325 to 160 internal. I make mine into about 1 pound logs -- mostly because they are convenient for serving and seems to fit our use pattern

[ul][li]Cooking a Fatty[/ul]
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    Mik of Alaska,
    or try this one

[ul][li]fatty's 101[/ul]

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • BobS,
    Thanks dude!! got all I needed in one shot. You da man!. Thanks again, Mik

·
  • BENTE,
    And a big thanks to you!! Some new ideas never hurt anyone. Mik

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    fattie3.jpg
    <p />Mik of Alaska,
    Hope you like.[p]Mike

·
  • Car Wash Mike,
    Did my first two today!! They weren't as original looking as yours though!!!

·