Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ok, gonna buy a small egg

Options
flajoker
flajoker Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How much stuff can i put on this baby at one time. I have a medium black cooker I bought 3 years back. I just gotta try an egg. I think the small would be just to small. Thanks for everyones help

Comments

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    flajoker,
    I'm surprised you haven't received the hearty chorus of votes for "Bigger is better" yet, from all the rest of the Eggsters who hang around this website!! I started off with a Large, and thank God I did. Anything less wouldn't cut it, but I picked up a Mini, for those quick and small cooks, when you're doing 2-4 or 5 pieces of chicken, or a couple of medium sized steaks. Much more efficient than using the Large, but one should get the real deal first, for your long, low & slow cooks, and the big parties you'll be throwing on your patio this summer. Get the Mini for the quiet times, tailgating and at the beach or campsite. Aloha amigo!

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    flajoker,[p]I would recommend starting with a larger size if finances allow. BGE had a trade-up deal where you could trade in your smaller one for a larger unit on a pro rated basis. I'm not sure if it is still in effect.[p]Best of luck on your choice. You will love the Egg.[p]Spin