Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked Ham

Options
Steve_in_Md
Steve_in_Md Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a small spiral cut Ham with a glaze sauce that I picked up from the grocery yesterday that I'd like to do on the Egg for Easter. I'm thinking to smear the glaze all over the ham and then follow with a liberal coating of brown sugar. I'm thinking this will need to go indirect. I really don't know what temp or duration though. My first thought was to follow the package direction for temp and time. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Steve in MD,[p] Yep follow the directions for temp and time. All you are doing is re-heating the ham. You won't need all that brown sugar either. Just use the glazes directions.[p] Now if'n you are going to make your own glaze then you'll need the brown sugar.

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Smokedhamsmokedbologna.jpg
    <p />Steve in MD,
    Don't use a lot of smoke with this cook. It will come out with heavy smoke flavor. Most people will not like it. Like Celtic said you are just heating it up. It is already cooked. Bring to a temp of about 145/150. Good luck, Tom