Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 Boston Butts on Large BGE

RU EggsperiencedRU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,527
edited 1:06AM in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,[p]I am going to cook two 9lb Boston Buts tonight on a Large BGE. Wondering if anyone has advice on whether to stack them on top of each other or side by side? I'm thinking side/side but not sure..[p]Thanks....JerryD
[ul][li]My home page[/ul]

Comments

• SouthOfI10SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
    DSC00647.jpg
    <p />JerryD,
    I usually do them side by side with some space in between, but I know that others here do them on top of each other as well.[p]Do you inject the butt prior to the cook? I had my best tasting PP last weekend by following a tip from BajaTom. I used grade B maple syrup, pineapple juice to thin it, a little worcestershire sauce, RR rub and a little lemon juice. WONDERFUL![p]Best of luck.

• SouthOfI10,[p]Thanks alot - haven't injected them before I use yellow mustard and a rub that I make myself. I will try this next time.[p]In the past I've just cooked one at a time and never had a bad one. This is the easiest thing to cook in my opinion.[p]Thanks again....Jerry
    [ul][li]Butt Rub Recipe[/ul]